Careers / Employment
Armbrae Academy is one of the top independent schools in the country. It is a fully accredited member of CAIS (Canadian Accredited Independent Schools) and offers an enriched university preparatory curriculum that can culminate in Advanced Placement (AP) credits in the high school. Armbrae is a co-educational, non-denominational, diverse community day school rooted in the values of integrity, respect, and compassion. We are comprised of 265 students from Preschool through Grade 12.
As a community, we firmly believe that education takes place not only in our classrooms, but also in the halls, on the fields and stages, and anywhere faculty and staff interact with our students. Each of us embraces the importance of lifelong learning, and we support one another in developing individual talents.
Armbrae is committed to recruiting, retaining, and supporting an exceptional faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of the student body and are dynamic educators deeply committed to the entire student experience.
At Armbrae employees enjoy a progressive, high-support working environment. We value diversity and embrace a rich mix of talents, backgrounds, and experiences.
We provide a positive work environment in which a diverse range of exceptional and eclectic professionals thrive and appreciate a strong collaborative environment that promotes and encourages professional growth opportunities and community involvement.
Armbrae is looking for team members who welcome the opportunity to work in a close-knit community with over 100 years of experience in education and make good use of the innovative tools, support, and resources at their disposal.
- Highly attractive compensation and benefits package for all employees
- The opportunity to participate in a competitive benefits plan
- Generous vacation program, including paid winter holiday and March Break
- Opportunity for professional development opportunities.
- Development Officer - Firstly, the Development Officer will play an active role in inspiring and engaging alumni and the community to invest in Armbrae’s vision of the future. Secondly, this role will be responsible for creating and implementing fundraising strategies to ignite our Annual Giving program.
- International Student Coordinator - The International Student Coordinator works closely with teachers, the school’s Leadership Team, international student agents, student families and homestay families to deliver a comprehensive and holistic programme to support Armbrae’s international students, guiding them toward a successful transition to both the Armbrae community and the Halifax community at large.
To apply for any job listed above, interested applicants must submit their application online at the Armbrae Academy online job application site.
If you are interested in being on our Substitute List, please send a CV, a letter stating the grades (Preschool to Grade 12) and subjects you are most qualified in, and the names and contact info of three references by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
1400 Oxford Street
Fax: (902) 423-9731